IELTS Speaking Practice Test 4 in 2019 & Model Answers



Part 1

What kinds of places are crowded?

Almost everything in my city! However, I would say especially the streets. For one, people really like spending time eating and hanging out on the streets. Secondly, since the old streets are narrow, they tend to become overcrowded with vehicles. Moreover, markets and shopping malls are quite hectic (stressful), as people in my country enjoy shopping.


Do you like to go to crowded places?

Not one bit! I start to feel extremely overwhelmed and want to exit the area immediately. Moreover, it’s unpleasant to be pushed and shoved in overcrowded places. Furthermore, it’s even worse in the summer when people are sweating and have body odor (when your armpits sweat)!


Why do some people like to go to crowded places?

Hmm, well I guess they like the chaos (stress). For some, it’s exciting to watch madness (craziness) unfold around them. Furthermore, I think they like the lively feeling that crowded places carry. Perhaps it’s interesting to those who come from smaller places.

Are there many animals or birds where you live?

I am living in a big city so most of animals I see are pets and some wild birds in the park. My family is also raising a cat which is very adorable. In fact, she is like a friend to me.


How often do you watch programmes or read articles about wild animals?

Well, I have never watched any programmes about wildlife because I rarely have time for TV and also found those rather boring. However, I do know some popular channels like Discovery channel or Geographic Nation.

Have you ever been to a zoo or a wildlife park?

Of course, yes, it used to be my favourite weekend destination when I was a kid. I remember how I was so amused to see a peacock with its colourful feathers or a tiger with its sharp claws. Besides that, it is also the only place for city people like me to observe wild creatures


Would you like to have a job working with animals?


To be honest, .. I have never thought about it… working with animals sounds pretty interesting but it also requires certain skills and knowledge. I imagine I can be a vet in the future, who knows, what can happen J

Part 2

Describe a website you use that helps you a lot in your work or studiesYou should say:
What the website it
How often you use the website
What information the website gives you
And explain how your work or studies would change if this website didn’t exist
Today I would like talk about Facebook which I think is a very useful social website.

As you have probably known, Facebook is a social network site which was invented by Mark Zuckerberg. I think it has been around for a couple of years but has gained incredible popularity by its user-friendliness and practicality. It does not only help people to connect with their friends but also acquire new knowledge.

In the past, I used Facebook mainly to keep in touch with friends but now I used it to learn IELTS. By using my accounts, I can subscribe to many useful IELTS studying groups such as ieltsmaterial.com from which I am updated with many strategies and techniques to apply in the test. Therefore, it is like killing two birds with one stone, I can both study and relax in the same time.

My life would have been much difficult without Facebook. You know, it is really hard to keep contacts of friends in such a busy world and this website is a wonderful place for me to connect with my friends’ lives. Besides that, it is convenient to have updated information about IELTS pop up in my front page once in a while.


 Part 3


The Internet

Why do some people find the Internet addictive?
There are many reasons for that phenomenon. The first one can be addicted online games which make people get lost in a fantasy world and slowly lose contact with the real one. The second one is maybe we do not have enough interesting outdoor activities for the young to join; therefore, they have no choice but glue themselves to the computer screen all days.

What would the world be like without the Internet?
I was born in the digital era so it is very hard for me to imagine a world without Internet connection. Well, I guess, people will be out of touch withtheir friends in the online world; however, maybe people can have more face-to-face communication without help of technology.


Do you think that the way people use the Internet may change in the future?

Well it should not change much in the future. Nowadays, people already depend most of their lives on the Internet for example: Facebook, email, Twitter and seem to forget that they have a real life out of computer screens. Of course, there is no doubt about its benefits like storing data online, making international calls, searching information. Despite all those things, Internet should be used more like a tool rather than making it an addicted and harmful habit.


Social media websites

What are the ways that social media can be used for positive purposes?

Social media can be helpful due to its ability to spread information in an incredible speed. This strength has been applied successfully in campaigns to voice out social concerns. For example, Earth Hour is an annual international event where the whole world turns off all electricity to send the message of saving energy and protecting environment. Once the event goes viral, it immediately catches attention of millions of people, as a result, the message can get across widely and effectively.


Why do some individuals post highly negative comments about other people on social media?


Probably it’s because Internet is the place of speech freedom, moreover, people can speak anything without truly holding accountable for their actions. On social media website, people can be anonymous or even be anyone that they like. If a person is jealous with or hate another person, he or she can go online to trigger negative views about that person, however, this kind of feedback is usually not credible and trustworthy.


Do you think that companies’ main form of advertising will be social media in the future?


Oh yeah, I truly believe that. In fact, we can see that trend even now where majority of companies are investing money more on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter, especially their target customers are Millenials who Google everything. Although we cannot neglect the role of traditional advertisement like newspaper, TV or billboard, I believe online ads will dominate in the future.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing informative information. If anyone looking IELTS speaking practice test in Mumbai visit Southwards IELTS.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Great Post with valuable information. I am glad that I have visited this site. Share more updates.


    IELTS Coaching in Chennai
    IELTS Classes in T Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post with valuable information. I am glad that I have visited this site. Share more updates.
    IELTS Reading
    Reading Test

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classroom Language For Teachers and Students of English

IELTS Speaking Practice Test 2 in 2019 & Model Answers

200 Common phrasal verbs with meanings and example sentences